Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Inevitable

Well about 3:30 this morning our little Matthew woke up like a furnace. Poor guy had a high fever and was so uncomfortable. I just sat up with him as he dozed. Andrew actually slept past 6 today (very unusual) but still had a temp. I decided to call the doc just to see what's going around and what to expect. I was pretty confident they both had the same virus. Before it was late enough to call, Drew reminded me we had an appraiser coming today so we can refinance our house. So the house needed to be presentable. Understandable but highly unrealistic on a day like today. I told him I would do the best I could as he rushed out the door to a meeting he was late for.

By this time everyone had Tylenol, was offered breakfast and Matthew was ready for a nap. So I put him down cleaned and played with Andrew. Then Matthew woke up after 20 minutes. Oh boy. As I'm about to get him my phone rings and it is the insurance adjuster wondering if he can swing by to look at my car b/c he's in the area. He understood the situation and said he would not bother us. He'd just be outside with the car. Ok, now I have Matthew and decide I better call the doc. Well after describing both of the boys symptoms, the nurse tells me it would be best to bring them in. They could get us in at noon.

Thankfully, Drew had planned on being here with the adjuster so I took the boys and he met him here. Well it ends up Andrew has whatever virus is going around and Matthew probably does too but his has caused a bad ear infection. Guess it was a good thing I took them in. So after a double co pay and a $40 prescription I think we are on the road to recovery. While picking up the prescription I rented Space Buddies for Andrew from a RedBox..my first time doing that. Pretty cool. See how thrilled he is below:)

1 comment:

  1. Poor Mama! Hope your sweet boys are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete